Trump challenges Biden to 'no holds barred' debate



Courts Trump 061824 AP Jeffrey Phelps

Former President Trump late Thursday challenged President Biden to another “no holds barred” debate.

“I have the answer to the Crooked Joe Biden Incompetence Puzzle — Let’s do another Debate, but this time, no holds barred – An all on discussion, with just the two of us on stage, talking about the future of our Country,” Trump said in a Truth Social post. “The ratings were massive for the First Debate, record setting, in fact, but this one, because of the format, would blow everything away!”

Biden’s performance in last week’s debate, during which he had a raspy voice and stumbled over his words, set off questions about whether he would stay at the top of the Democratic ticket. Since then, three House Democrats and other members of the party have said he should drop out of the race.

Trump said in Thursday evening’s post that he wants Biden to discuss topics ranging from immigration to inflation in another debate.

“Likewise it would be yet another test for me. What a great evening it would be, just the two of us, one on one, in a good, old fashioned Debate, the way they used to be. ANYTIME, ANYWHERE, ANYPLACE!!!” the former president added.

The White House was insistent Wednesday that Biden is not leaving the presidential race and he said in a fundraising email sent the same day that nobody “is pushing me out.”

“I’m the Democratic Party’s nominee,” the fundraising email read. “No one is pushing me out. I’m not leaving, I’m in this race to the end, and WE are going to win this election. If that’s all you need to hear, pitch in a few bucks to help [Vice President Harris] and me defeat Donald Trump in November.”

 “I’m not going anywhere,” Biden said at a White House Fourth of July event.

The Hill has reached out to the Biden campaign for comment on Trump’s post.



Source link

About The Author

Scroll to Top